D. M. Gremlin Productions - Forums

Feb 21 2010: "Introductory Lighting Techniques" - Adam Chilson - with EVENT PHOTOS!

Author:  wynnesome [ Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Feb 21 2010: "Introductory Lighting Techniques" - Adam Chilson - with EVENT PHOTOS!

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

Instructor: Adam Chilson, MM#19554
MUA/stylist: Lisa Berczel - Battledress Paint-N-Body, MM#47292
Models: Carrie Leigh's NUDE cover model St. Merrique, MM#772043, with MJ, MM#1233302
Workshop is limited to 8 photographers, by advance registration only.
Please contact studio@dm-gremlin.com/866-334-4364 for information/registration.

"Introductory Lighting Techniques" is our longest-running and most-attended workshop.
Instructor Adam Chilson presents his distinctive approach to the fundamentals of photographic lighting with studio strobes.

This workshop is level-appropriate for beginning photographers and those who have limited experience shooting with studio strobes, as well as photographers whose experience lies with natural/available light shooting.

The all day workshop presents interactive demonstration and discussion of a range of lighting setups for portrait, glamour, fashion, and artistic nude photography.
The day includes hands-on practice, open Q&A, and several shooting sets with the workshop's models.
MUA/stylist Lisa Berczel will create several different looks to add polish to images shot within the workshop.

Workshop's Featured Models St. Merrique (left) and MJ (right).
St. Merrique NUDE cover image photographed by and copyright Carrie Leigh, www.carrieleigh.com
MJ "On the Catwalk" image photographed by and copyright Adam Chilson Photography, www.adamchilson.com
images posted with permission/all rights reserved to the copyright owners

Images shot during previous sessions of "Introductory Lighting Techniques:"
Many more wonderful images from our previous workshops can be seen on the workshop image galleries, as well as in the studio's forums.

Registration for this workshop is limited to 8 photographers.
Workshop fee of $180 must be paid in advance.

Lunch is provided. and registration fee includes promotional model releases from workshop models.

For complete details and registration information, please visit the workshop web site, or contact the studio at studio@dm-gremlin.com / 866-334-4364.[/i]

Author:  wynnesome [ Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Feb 21 2010: "Introductory Lighting Techniques" - Adam Chilson Photography Workshops

We've just announced as our afternoon workshop model for this session, Carrie Leigh's NUDE cover model St. Merrique!

She's also on Model Mayhem, MM#772043

Merrique is a fine art model in the truest sense of the phrase, and it is our pleasure to present her appearance within this workshop!

St. Merrique on the cover of 2010 Winter issue of Carrie Leigh's NUDE - as photographed by Carrie Leigh, www.carrieleigh.com. Image posted with permission.

Author:  wynnesome [ Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:54 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Feb 21 2010: "Introductory Lighting Techniques" - Adam Chilson - with EVENT PHOTOS!

Here are just a few shots of Merrique from the last set of the day.

I can't wait to see images from our participants - looking through some of their images on camera backs and laptops during the day, they took away some spectacular shots!

Both models were just outstanding, and as always it's a huge thanks to Adam, Lisa, and models for making this workshop a wonderful event.

Author:  JM Hammond [ Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Feb 21 2010: "Introductory Lighting Techniques" - Adam Chilson - with EVENT PHOTOS!

Hi All,
I'm adding these few to what Wendy posted.

Regards,

Jim

Author:  JM Hammond [ Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:23 pm ]

Here's a few more. For some reason I could only add 3 in the first post.

Jim

Author:  wynnesome [ Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:01 am ]

Jim, these are fantastic - nice to see examples of almost every set from the day! Smile

Thank you so much for sharing these images!

Author:  JM Hammond [ Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:06 am ]

Hi Wendy,

Your welcome. I had a great time. Just a bit of processing done on these, but I wanted to get them up for you.

Regards,

Jim

Author:  wynnesome [ Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:11 am ]

Smile

No worries, they shouldn't need much processing, just whatever you like for "finishing" in your personal style.

And if you would like to post more later on when you've had more opportunity to work with them, always be welcome.

Author:  JM Hammond [ Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:14 am ]

Ok, will do. I couldn't help but post the one of Adam...so good Smile

Jim

Author:  wynnesome [ Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:17 am ]

Here are just a couple more I shot of MJ. Can't wait to see more from the day! Smile

Author:  wynnesome [ Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:18 am ]

JM Hammond @ Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:14 pm wrote:
Ok, will do. I couldn't help but post the one of Adam...so good Smile

Jim

Ahaha, I'm so glad you did! What a character! It's just too much fun to see shots like that! Razz

Author:  JESimages [ Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:43 am ]

Wendy, here are some of the shots I took at the class. Great fun and I learned a bunch. I'l definitely take another class after I've had a chanmce to work on the skills Ilearned in this class. Adam is a really good and fun instructor.

Author:  JESimages [ Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:48 am ]

Here are a few more shots.

Author:  wynnesome [ Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:57 pm ]

Very Happy Awesome! I'm so glad to see these! Thank you so much for posting them!

: