D. M. Gremlin Productions - Forums

Dec 13: Adam Chilson "Intermediate Studio Lighting" Workshop - with EVENT PHOTOS!

Author:  wynnesome [ Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Dec 13: Adam Chilson "Intermediate Studio Lighting" Workshop - with EVENT PHOTOS!

Adam Chilson Photography Workshops at D. M. Gremlin Studios, Long Beach, CA
Please email studio@dm-gremlin.com for registration inquiries.

The workshop runs all day December 13, 10am-7pm. Registration fee is $180, with registration by advance payment only.

Instructor: Adam Chilson, MM#19554
MUA: Lisa Berczel, MM#47292
Model: SIAM, MM#764254

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

Workshop instructor Adam Chilson (MM#19554) creates his jaw-dropping imagery through the lens, using little and often zero Photoshop or digital post-editing, and teaches from this perspective.

Examples of instructor Adam Chilson's recent images - explorations of fire and water.
Single exposure, through the lens photography - ZERO post manipulation or compositing.

The studio lighting workshop series focuses on controlled lighting techniques for portrait and artistic nude photography, along with set-building elements to create eye-catching images.
Each full-day workshop combines demonstration and discussion of lighting setups with hands-on practice, and multiple shooting sets with fine art models.

Workshops include full makeup and styling by Lisa Berczel (Battledress Paint-n-Body, MM#47292) to complete the polished look of the images shot within the class.

Images from past workshops: http://www.dm-gremlin.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=12

Author:  wynnesome [ Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:35 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Dec 13: Adam Chilson "Intermediate Studio Lighting" Workshop - with EVENT PHOTOS!

A few photos....

We ended up with an almost-full class, and I did minimal shooting through the day. I know the workshop participants have many more really fantastic shots from the day's sets, and I hope we'll see some of them posted here! Smile

Author:  wynnesome [ Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:55 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Dec 13: Adam Chilson "Intermediate Studio Lighting" Workshop - with EVENT PHOTOS!

Couple more shots from the "flying fabric" sets.

I know that our participants walked away with some really amazing images. Mine are by no means the strongest images to come from these sets - just a few that I took to show as examples of the ideas.

Author:  greg l. [ Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:22 pm ]

Nice shots, Wendy. I like how this is composed.

Author:  greg l. [ Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:33 pm ]

I had great fun with the nice group.

Here are a few of my photos. Hope to see yours.

and here comes the Master.

Author:  Harold B [ Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:20 am ]

Had a great time shooting with everyone. It was a blast!

Author:  wynnesome [ Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:45 pm ]

greg l. @ Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:22 am wrote:
Nice shots, Wendy. I like how this is composed.

Greg, thank you! I've always leaned toward the "tilted camera" compositions, especially to add interest where there's a lot of negative space/background around a standing model. Smile

And you have some really excellent shots there. Thank you so much for posting and sharing them! It's a lot of fun to see some of the images that come out of the workshop sets!

Author:  wynnesome [ Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:47 pm ]

Nice shot, Harold - a good strong "work safe" or "avatar safe" image, with a great expression! Thank you for sharing this!

Author:  Harold B [ Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:23 am ]

Thanks Wendy. I am looking forward to seeing everyone's photos as well.

: