D. M. Gremlin Productions - Forums

June 27 Studio Open House - PRE-EVENT DISCUSSION

Author:  wynnesome [ Sat May 31, 2008 7:36 pm ]
Post subject:  June 27 Studio Open House - PRE-EVENT DISCUSSION

We're planning ahead! So believe it or not, it's already time to make the announcement of our June Open House date, set for Friday, June 27, 6pm-midnight.

Photography shooting theme is not set yet, although as always we will feature bodypainting and makeup by Lisa Berczel of Battledress Paint 'n' Body and set building/lighting by Adam Chilson.

On the music end of things, we'll be featuring a set with D. M. Gremlin Studios recording artists Killjoy. Listen to tracks from their current CD, mixed right here in our studio, at www.myspace.com/killjoysucks.

More details to come as the date draws nearer, but mark your calendars now!

Author:  littlegett [ Sat May 31, 2008 8:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: June 27 Studio Open House

I think it should be an Grunge type of them. Ya know, Bums, Vagrants, Vagabonds, Hobo's, Tramps, Gypsy's and the like.

Author:  LuminonPhotography [ Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:37 am ]

Isn't that rather similar to the trailer trash theme of not too long ago? I vote for leather, battle axes and castles/dungeons!

Author:  littlegett [ Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:18 am ]

LuminonPhotography @ Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:37 am wrote:
Isn't that rather similar to the trailer trash theme of not too long ago? I vote for leather, battle axes and castles/dungeons!

not in my eyes, but I missed it anyway.

Author:  NevaehLleh [ Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:57 am ]

I'm all over being a bum. Bum's don't wear makeup. Trailer trash hussies do. Besides we're doing Swords and Sorcery or something soon I thought, yes?

Author:  wynnesome [ Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:29 am ]

LuminonPhotography @ Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:37 am wrote:

All of these things you're mentioning, that you heard discussed, were ideas for a June event at Adam's place. That's going to be a different event. We'll do that and still have some other theme for the June Open House here.

Author:  LuminonPhotography [ Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:32 am ]

wynnesome @ Sun 01 Jun, 2008 08:29 wrote:
LuminonPhotography @ Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:37 am wrote:

All of these things you're mentioning, that you heard discussed, were ideas for a June event at Adam's place. That's going to be a different event. We'll do that and still have some other theme for the June Open House here.

It's all good. I just can't wait!

Author:  Groovaciousk [ Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:42 pm ]

I'm in!
So June...
How 'bout "It's Not Easy Being Green" as a tribute to our lovely hostess and of course, Kermit the eloquent little frog, not to mention the environment and the heart chakra or whatever anyone else can think of?
And I still vote for performance poetry between band sets. Aye!
I know the models can do green hair, green contact lenses, green clothes, green body paint and lots of stuff with lights and back drops. Maybe we could even do green flames! This could be a blast!

Author:  wynnesome [ Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:43 pm ]

Green flames?

Hm.

All too tempting.

Author:  irulan_amy [ Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:01 pm ]

Hmm, what about a steam punk-y/industrial theme? Top hats, glasses, monocles, gears? Don't know how well it would work but the costume pieces would be fun. Smile I have this background piece with gears that I could borrow too:

Author:  wynnesome [ Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:17 pm ]

Steampunk sounds fun and like maybe it could go with a grungy theme too?

That background piece looks awesome. I'm all for it, if Adam's into setting a scene in that vein...

Author:  leeland [ Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:36 am ]

Steam punk could actually cover a couple of angles. There is the gothic precision of the mechanics and the dirt and grunge of the coal that is used to fire the steam engines.
Good setup for cross-contamination.

Author:  leeland [ Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:38 am ]

Just for littleget, we could have a steam "explosion" outside.

Author:  Battledress Paint N Body [ Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:01 pm ]

I'm digg'n the Steam Punk idea.

and Mariah is gonna build a costume.

Author:  irulan_amy [ Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:04 pm ]
Post subject: 

Sweet, I will bring the wall hanging thing. Very Happy

Author:  Battledress Paint N Body [ Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:27 pm ]

Lee says he'll bring top hats.....

Author:  misspixie [ Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:51 pm ]

Definitely count me in for the steampunk theme! Hell yes! Very Happy

Author:  misspixie [ Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:52 pm ]

Battledress Paint N Body @ Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:27 pm wrote:

Will they have little gears on them? And be mini? *runs out to Joann's* Very Happy

Author:  irulan_amy [ Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:37 pm ]

I have lots of little watch cogs and gears that you are more than welcome to use. Very Happy

misspixie @ Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:52 pm wrote:
Battledress Paint N Body @ Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:27 pm wrote:

Will they have little gears on them? And be mini? *runs out to Joann's* Very Happy

Author:  wynnesome [ Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:01 pm ]

Adam volunteered Lisa to paint gears on people, too. He said on their elbows and knees and such?

I'm thinking it would be fun to be "in costume" for this one even if I'm circulating/running things, not posing on set. Have a couple ideas... depends how ambitious I want to try and get...

Author:  LuminonPhotography [ Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:39 pm ]

No, no. Elbows & knees get hinges! Then Hydraulic rams and gears to connect and move all the "bits". Wink

wynnesome @ Sun 08 Jun, 2008 21:01 wrote:
Adam volunteered Lisa to paint gears on people, too. He said on their elbows and knees and such?

I'm thinking it would be fun to be "in costume" for this one even if I'm circulating/running things, not posing on set. Have a couple ideas... depends how ambitious I want to try and get...

Author:  wynnesome [ Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:46 pm ]

Uhhh.

Anyone else wanna think what I'm thinking when I hear about any kind of "rams" in conjunction with the "bits"?

Author:  LuminonPhotography [ Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:06 pm ]

OMG! Is this the difference between "dirty, dirty, artsy" types and "engineer types"? LOL! You can't start talking about gears and steam machinery and NOT expect to get my technical mind going. If I tried not to get all technical the force of my head exploding would probably wipe out CA, AZ & NV!

wynnesome @ Sun 08 Jun, 2008 21:46 wrote:
Uhhh.

Anyone else wanna think what I'm thinking when I hear about any kind of "rams" in conjunction with the "bits"?

Author:  wynnesome [ Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:19 pm ]

We like to mix our dirt, our art, and our engineering, I think! It's so much more fun that way!

Author:  Battledress Paint N Body [ Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:37 am ]

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

gears in bodypaint can be fun....[/img]

Author:  wynnesome [ Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:44 am ]

I think we're getting all "geared" up...!

Author:  misspixie [ Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:16 pm ]

Yes please! *huge grin*

LuminonPhotography @ Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:39 pm wrote:
No, no. Elbows & knees get hinges! Then Hydraulic rams and gears to connect and move all the "bits". Wink

wynnesome @ Sun 08 Jun, 2008 21:01 wrote:

Author:  wynnesome [ Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:25 pm ]

Ugh, now you're gonna make me figure out my ideas, and go buy stuff at home depot, and be frustrated trying to build something and then hopefully it's cool enough that someone wants to shoot it, and then I'm going to have to get back on my gym routine to look good enough to shoot, and...

I can see where this is going.

How bout you? Any costume ideas?

Author:  LuminonPhotography [ Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:13 pm ]

OMG! a) Want some help building? b) Everyone will love any contraption you come up with. c) Don't worry about the gym! You're HOT! Wink

wynnesome @ Tue 10 Jun, 2008 23:25 wrote:
Ugh, now you're gonna make me figure out my ideas, and go buy stuff at home depot, and be frustrated trying to build something and then hopefully it's cool enough that someone wants to shoot it, and then I'm going to have to get back on my gym routine to look good enough to shoot, and...

I can see where this is going.

How bout you? Any costume ideas?

Author:  wynnesome [ Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:48 pm ]

Thanks... well, I have a cool idea, but not sure if I can pull it off. Have to draw up some plans first. When I do stuff, it isn't small scale, but once I dive in, I just go for it. Ideally this would be metal, but I don't have welding equipment or ability... so might have to fake it out of wood, or build it as a prototype and maybe a metal one later.

Author:  paindancer [ Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:22 pm ]
Post subject: 

Oh crap. Im going to have to borrow some victorian now. Geez!

Author:  leeland [ Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:25 pm ]

1: Pixie my hats are not small.
2: I have sheep not rams and everyones bits scare me.
3: Wendy as far as building goes, have you seen my place?
4: Wendy, have you been in the vault lately?
5: Everyone - stay away from Andrew, for the love of God, stay away from Andrew.
6: If Adam keeps volunteering my wife for stuff (painting), I'll start volunteering him for stuff (glamour photography) nuf said.
Lee

Author:  leeland [ Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:27 pm ]
Post subject: 

Dry ice. Anyone have a source for dry ice.
We are going to need a lot.

Author:  wynnesome [ Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:11 pm ]

leeland @ Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:25 pm wrote:
5: Everyone - stay away from Andrew, for the love of God, stay away from Andrew.
6: If Adam keeps volunteering my wife for stuff (painting), I'll start volunteering him for stuff (glamour photography) nuf said.
Lee

Dry ice: Don't know the price but I think the Vons by here still sells it. What are we dryly icing??

1. Addressed to Pixie, so I won't comment.
2. Everyone's bits scare you except apparently the sheep's, which you seem more than happy to repeatedly place close to your own.
3. I have seen your place, but I need to figure out better what I want to make and how it would work. Then I might know if I might need to ask to borrow or use something. Otherwise I'd just basically be saying, "I have this idea but I don't know how to do it, can someone do it for me?" which is not as good a thing to do.
4. I have been in the vault. What should I be seeing there, of all the crazy junk in there?
5. As long as by "stay far away," you really mean, "we love having Andrew around!"
6. But.... Lisa LIKES to paint, while Adam does NOT like to shoot glamour. Hardly seems fair. Smile But I guess if we do the surf thing in July, and Lisa paints bikinis on girls, and we get Adam to photograph it, would that serve? Hoist by his own petard, isn't that the phrase for that??

Any other questions?

Author:  LuminonPhotography [ Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:52 pm ]
Post subject: 

leeland @ Fri 13 Jun, 2008 13:27 wrote:
Dry ice. Anyone have a source for dry ice.
We are going to need a lot.

For...??? "I'm scared sarge." "So am I son."

What is the dry ice for? I have fog machines (as does Wendy) and a home made fog chiller (if you want to lay some low hanging "tuly fog".

Author:  wynnesome [ Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:59 pm ]

I don't have a fog machine... any ones that have been here have been brought by others.

Author:  leeland [ Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:06 am ]

If we are doing steam punk, we need some steam, right?
The dry ice is a bit easier to control then the fog machines. (I have one also) And if it gets a bit out of control a fan solves our problems quickly, we've had problems with the fog and people breathing from time to time. Besides fog slow, ice fast.

1. yes that one is for pixie
2. You're saying it's wrong to like animals.
3. sorry, it's just the buildy-buildy stuff I have here.
4. All the crazy junk is the key.
5. Zesty mint is out hero.
6. Hoisting the petard is the phrase, but have you seen his petard. Ugghhh.

and there are always more questions than answers.
Lee

Author:  wynnesome [ Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:08 am ]

Ok, dry ice = steam. Works for me... I'll ask prices next time I go to the grocery store.

1. Awaiting Pixie.
2. Not saying it's right or wrong to like animals. Said you do, not whether you should or shouldn't.
3. If I can get my head together to figure out what to build and a bit of idea of how, I would much appreciate help with space and tools. Once I know what to ask for.
4. Various crazy junk available.
5. I think I'll leave this one to Andrew. He can be the defender of the Zesty Mint.
6. I saw as much as you did at Trailer Trash day. You can decide if that's a yes or a no answer.

More questions please?

Author:  littlegett [ Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:25 pm ]

leeland @ Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:25 pm wrote:

Funny, 5 is me good number, considering I am the fifth of five of five children and born five after five pm, and other crazy stuff.

I think he just saying this because I taste salty L()L...

Yes, Zesty Mint is OUR HERO!!

Hmm, I have crazy ideas... and no time to do them. I am trying to think of a way (was gonna be suprize but I have no idea how to do it with the tools I have) to make a pair of rabbit ears out of metal. A pair light enough to wear all night without killin someone if they fell of but completely out of metal or metal looking materials L()L. Also without having to drill or bolt it to me head L()L.

Hmm

Anyway, still trying to get my work done on time and stuff. soo Back to the grind.

p.s. if anyone wants to bring me lunch I would be highly appreciative of the break 6-; and kindness.

Author:  leeland [ Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:14 pm ]

1: is pixe okay, haven't heard from her here.
2: I'll stop with the animals
3: Got a couple of knee braces
4: Okay
5: Andrew is back, yeah.
6: We didn't stay till the end.

And Andrew about the 5 - I did pay attention in the car.
Lee

Author:  wynnesome [ Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:29 pm ]

1. I believe Pixie is just about finishing her work for graduation, so probably has been swamped with that.

2. Ok, just don't stop if the animal is saying "don't stop!"

... skipping to end.

6. Oh yeah, that's right, those images haven't been published yet. Wait, weren't you the one shooting with Adam's camera during the "family portrait" scene? If there was more petard-on-parade than that, I did not see it either.

Author:  irulan_amy [ Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:53 pm ]

[quote="littlegett @ Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:25 pm"]

Hmm, I have crazy ideas... and no time to do them. I am trying to think of a way (was gonna be suprize but I have no idea how to do it with the tools I have) to make a pair of rabbit ears out of metal. A pair light enough to wear all night without killin someone if they fell of but completely out of metal or metal looking materials L()L. Also without having to drill or bolt it to me head L()L.

I might be able to make these from thick silver wire and attached them to headband (which I can wire wrap). Very Happy I'll give it a try anyway; I shall make time!

Author:  dwingephotography [ Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:41 am ]

This is all sounding very excellent! Mr. Green

Author:  littlegett [ Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:39 pm ]
Post subject: 

Who Wants to see Me?

I am killin myself to get my coursework done in time so if I make it you all better show me some Lovin L()L.

Author:  littlegett [ Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:39 am ]
Post subject: 

littlegett @ Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:39 pm wrote:
Who Wants to see Me?

I am killin myself to get my coursework done in time so if I make it you all better show me some Lovin L()L.

Or not )-;

Author:  crimzon [ Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:42 am ]

or not?

Don't take it personal, Andrew. Really.

I've sent several photos to several people the past few days and have generated but a few responses. However, this doesn't mean that no one cares or is listening.

The most likely case is that people are have just been busy; such is life.

And don't worry too much about what everyone thinks; we cannot please everyone.
If you do not want to show, then don't. If you DO want to, then by all means DO. Smile

Author:  LuminonPhotography [ Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:12 pm ]

OMG! I've been very busy but I hope the entire "cast of characters" there last month PLUS a few that were missing ALL show this month! It's gona be SO much fun!

Author:  Battledress Paint N Body [ Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:39 pm ]

Andrew... thou must attend.

Why? Kuz Mariah will be there... and she wants to play with Zesty Mint!!!!

I'll be painting someone something... still "fomulamating".

And, we'll be setting up an airbrush play zone out back.

Amok, amok, amok, amok!!!!!

Author:  misspixie [ Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:45 pm ]

Lee, I have the itty bitty hats covered. Very Happy

Lee

Author:  misspixie [ Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:47 pm ]
Post subject: 

*raises hand* Me! Me! And I'm also interested in the rabbit ears of which you spoke about.

Who Wants to see Me?

Author:  Sarahface [ Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:43 pm ]

Battledress Paint N Body @ Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:39 pm wrote:
Andrew... thou must attend.

Why? Kuz Mariah will be there... and she wants to play with Zesty Mint!!!!

I'll be painting someone something... still "fomulamating".

And, we'll be setting up an airbrush play zone out back.

Amok, amok, amok, amok!!!!!

YAY PAINTING! Can I be "someone"??

And yes Andrew ... I second (or third!) that "thou must attend"!

Author:  littlegett [ Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:36 am ]
Post subject: 

Arthur O'Shaughnessy
Ode

WE are the music-makers,
And we are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers,
And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers,
On whom the pale moon gleams:
Yet we are the movers and shakers
Of the world for ever, it seems.

Author:  littlegett [ Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:25 am ]
Post subject: 

misspixie @ Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:47 pm wrote:
*raises hand* Me! Me! And I'm also interested in the rabbit ears of which you spoke about.

Who Wants to see Me?

Yes yes, I am interested as well in the ears though I do not have time to make them )-; I have this crazy vision in my head but well... maybe for another time L()L

: