D. M. Gremlin Productions - Forums

The 15mm 2.8 Sigma Fisheye Lens Thread

Author:  D. M. Gremlin [ Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:10 am ]
Post subject:  The 15mm 2.8 Sigma Fisheye Lens Thread

Very cool lens.  I just traded my 70-200 2.8 Canon L series for this and a 12-24mm Sigma lens.  So far so good.  Attached is a picture from the first shoot I used it in.

Author:  riddlerj [ Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The 15mm 2.8 Sigma Fisheye Lens Thread

Excellent picture, I like the amount of distortion the lens provides.  Of course I can't make any kind of assement on the quality of the lens as this is a simple jpg dithered down for the web, but it does look rather impressive.

A co-worker of mine was telling me that he's talked to serveral pro photographers that swear by the professional line of Tamron lenses.  Do you have any experience with them?

Author:  D. M. Gremlin [ Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The 15mm 2.8 Sigma Fisheye Lens Thread

The only Tamron lens I used was one I borrowed from a photographer friend of mine Alex Pascual - it was a 28-300mm.  I had figured that it was going to be better than my consumer grade Canon lenses (I had a standard 28-80 and an 80-200 before I got my L series lenses) and did all my shoots with it while I had it, but later on I noticed that the pictures that I shot with the Tamron were noticably lower in quality than the ones I had shot with the consumer grade Canon lenses.  

Could it have been just that particular lens?  Perhaps.  I haven't used a lot of Tamron stuff, but I can say for sure that the 28-300 Tamron that I was using really, really sucked.  I'll post some examples when I'm feeling a little more 'chipper'.[/url]

: