D. M. Gremlin Productions - Forums

Studio Blacklist

Author:  D. M. Gremlin [ Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Studio Blacklist

This topic is for a list of troublemakers: people who reserve time and then don't show up, people who break things / make a mess, that sort of thing.

I've been meaning to do this for quite some time, though it's really quite rare that there's a problem. Still, it upsets me when people cause problems and people should be held accountable for their actions. At the very least, it will provide other studio owners a warning of people to be cautious around - demand that they pay up front, that sort of things. Studio owners, feel free to add to this list with your own personal experiences.

The List:

Tanaia - ta_naia@yahoo.com - Booked a few hours for the photo studio on 04-09-06, didn't cancel, didn't show up, won't respond to e-mails. Recommendation: Make sure this person pays in advance.

Boris Vukov - bvukov@lbcc.edu - Booked a bunch of recording studio time over a period of several months, always paid with a credit card, then on 09-13-05 charged back all the money he had spent. I had to fight him in court to get my money back. Fortunately, I won. In the process, I discovered from his bank that he has a long history of making fraudulent chargebacks. Reccomandation - Do not work with, but if you do - only accept cash.

: