----------------------------------- D. M. Gremlin Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:47 pm Accepting Credit Card Payments for Studio Services ----------------------------------- I just learned the hard way that this is something very risky to do.  Apparantly, even if you have the signed sales receipts, if a customer decides he wants to do a chargeback, the money is taken out of your bank account before you even get a chance to file a rebuttal.   Recently, I had a client by the name of Boris Vukov who decided that he shouldn't have to pay for studio time he'd already received.  He filed chargebacks for every session he'd had here dating back about 3 months.  Just like that, about $1300 was taken out of my account before I had a chance to say anything or even read what his 'complaint' was.   His complaint was, of course, total bullshit, and I've since then filed a rebuttal, but I'm still going through the process to try and secure those funds, and I'm not sure how long that's going to take.  I'll post in this thread any updates to this situation.  Just a word of advice to other studio owners though: try to accept cash whenever possible, or get a check that clears in advance of the session time.  Credit cards are a very risky form of payment, and having a signed sales draft is apparantly almost totally meaningless.