----------------------------------- crimzon Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:11 pm Re: June 27 Studio Open House - EVENT PHOTOS! ----------------------------------- I dunno if it has to do with the screen. I've my CRT calibrated (roughly, using Adobe Gamma) and tuned for proper brightness and contrast. I know LCDs have a habit of being a bit o the bright side (they're tricky to calibrate too). But the noise appeared really low, especially for that high of an ISO. As for pushing my 300d, that was done through photoshop, specifically the RAW convertor. It will let you push or pull up to 4 stops, but it isn't pretty. FYI: If you're not interested in sharp and clear, then this works just fine. Far better to shoot at proper exposure for clean images though. The banding that shows up on mine is only at high iso and when I push stops. Also, it tends to happen at different levels with different colors, which leads me to believe that this is some type of (electronic) reciprocity failure. Being CMOS and CCDs alike cannot differentiate color, and are passed through a Bayer filter, I wonder if this has to do with both of them. But then, why band and not stay even across the whole frame? Hmmm. Dunno. Anyhow, I haven't noticed any image degradation over time and only shows up under extreme software conditions, so I don't think the chip is bad. Besides, the warranty is probably out anyhow (got it in spring of 2005). Rather than mess with the chip, I'd be better going to a better camera altogether, like a 5D (wish list!).