----------------------------------- wynnesome Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:44 pm Studio Open House, Feb 27, 2008, 6pm-midnight ----------------------------------- D. M. Gremlin Studios will be holding its 3rd studio Open House night on Feb. 27, from 6pm-midnight. The first two events last year were small and a lot of fun. We had bbq out in the back lot, great conversation, and the studio was open for impromptu photo sessions. There's also always the possibility of musicians having a jam session, too. Come at any point during the evening, and make your visit as short or long as you like. It's a fun social evening to meet other people who use the studio in different ways - musicians, models, photographers, friends, and family members. Feel free to bring guests. The studio provides the space, and some soft drinks. After that, everyone who wants to make dinner part of the evening pitches in a few bucks for food, and we make a food run to the market up the street. Completely informal. For current studio clients, no RSVP is necessary, just come on over! If you've never been here before and want to check out the studio, please RSVP in advance. Email the studio at studio@dm-gremlin.com, or call 866-334-4364. Or reply to this forum thread so we will be expecting you. Hope to see everyone here! ----------------------------------- mikeledray Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:31 am Re: Studio Open House, Feb 27, 2008, 6pm-midnight ----------------------------------- Thank you for the invite I came and checked out your open house last night I may indeed rent your Photo Studio space in the near future Thanks Again ----------------------------------- wynnesome Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:31 pm Re: Studio Open House, Feb 27, 2008, 6pm-midnight ----------------------------------- I remember you! Thank you for coming over, and I hope you enjoyed the open house. Give a call or an email whenever you're interested in booking time. We will do another open house next month, and you'll be welcome at that event as well. ----------------------------------- littlegett Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:18 pm Re: Studio Open House, Feb 27, 2008, 6pm-midnight ----------------------------------- Hiya, this is Andrew - Creature Fotography. Just wanted to say thanks for having me and I had a blast. Lots of great fun. I also was able to create some fantastically creepy images thanks to help from NevaehLleh and Adam. I am planing on having some posted somewhere later this weekend, but for now, here is a peek. ----------------------------------- wynnesome Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:26 am Re: Studio Open House, Feb 27, 2008, 6pm-midnight ----------------------------------- Whoaaa those are awesome! Thank you so much for posting them! ----------------------------------- mikeledray Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:22 am Re: Studio Open House, Feb 27, 2008, 6pm-midnight ----------------------------------- Hiya, this is Andrew - Creature Fotography. Just wanted to say thanks for having me and I had a blast. Lots of great fun. I also was able to create some fantastically creepy images thanks to help from NevaehLleh and Adam. I am planing on having some posted somewhere later this weekend, but for now, here is a peek. Hey Andrew These are Really Great! That was quite an intresting evening I really like how these came out Nice meeting you Mike ----------------------------------- NevaehLleh Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:01 pm Re: Studio Open House, Feb 27, 2008, 6pm-midnight ----------------------------------- Hiya, this is Andrew - Creature Fotography. Just wanted to say thanks for having me and I had a blast. Lots of great fun. I also was able to create some fantastically creepy images thanks to help from NevaehLleh and Adam. I am planing on having some posted somewhere later this weekend, but for now, here is a peek. Absolutely awesome! *does the happy dance* ----------------------------------- littlegett Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:22 pm Re: Studio Open House, Feb 27, 2008, 6pm-midnight ----------------------------------- Absolutely awesome! *does the happy dance* Glad you like (-; I am excited about getting more of them finished. edit; added attachment. ----------------------------------- Adam Chilson Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:30 pm Re: Studio Open House, Feb 27, 2008, 6pm-midnight ----------------------------------- Hey, shows how much fun you can have with a demolished wall, eh? ----------------------------------- Adam Chilson Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:33 pm Re: Studio Open House, Feb 27, 2008, 6pm-midnight ----------------------------------- Siren of Destruction ----------------------------------- wynnesome Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:15 pm Re: Studio Open House, Feb 27, 2008, 6pm-midnight ----------------------------------- :) Adam, much thanks for posting these! A perfect demonstration of how the right lighting changes a torn-up room into a fantastic set. I've got the postings for the next open house (MARCH 28TH!!) linked back to this thread too - so people can get an even better idea of what kind of treats they will be in for if they come down next time. Not to mention Lisa will be in the house for the bodypainting demos. It's gonna be terrific! ----------------------------------- Adam Chilson Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:35 am Re: Studio Open House, Feb 27, 2008, 6pm-midnight ----------------------------------- Going for a more comic book, anime style. Features Nyx and Frenzy ----------------------------------- Adam Chilson Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:36 am Re: Studio Open House, Feb 27, 2008, 6pm-midnight ----------------------------------- Frenzy and Hourglass in a more intimate moment ----------------------------------- littlegett Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:51 am ----------------------------------- Fantastic images as always Adam. It was great interesting to see how these images came to be. Learned a lot that day, thanks a bunch. ----------------------------------- littlegett Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:55 am Re: Studio Open House, Feb 27, 2008, 6pm-midnight ----------------------------------- NevaehLleh is lucky enough to be my wallpaper this month. I only put the smaller version on the board as to not totally blow everything crazy, so if you want the full size just visit http://littlegett.com/calendar/ (-; ----------------------------------- littlegett Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:53 pm Re: Studio Open House, Feb 27, 2008, 6pm-midnight ----------------------------------- A couple images of Hourglass, taken out back behind the studio. Fantastic graffiti for backgrounds. ----------------------------------- wynnesome Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:15 pm Re: Studio Open House, Feb 27, 2008, 6pm-midnight ----------------------------------- In reference to the last image - just one more demonstration of how it's all in the lighting and positioning of the model - almost anyone can have their physical features flattered, played up, minimized, or made to look awkward, from one shot to the next. This is part of what Adam is going to cover in the workshop, is how to pose, light, and shadow to play up or down physical features of a model's body as desired. ----------------------------------- littlegett Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:49 pm ----------------------------------- What makes it funny to me, is that I don't normally well don't ever really try to get these types of shots. Nothing at all wrong with them, just not my preferred style L()L. Maybe im just shy L()L, I can tell the model to get covered in blood and look at me like you are going to kill me, but to turn around at let me get the gracious ass shot is a bit more difficult L()L... yeah im odd. Hourglass is a fantastic model and very fluid in these types of shots, the umm not sure what to call them, glam? Hot-Halfneked-Girl shots? Anyway, im gonna stop now before I get to my ankle. ----------------------------------- wynnesome Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:45 pm Re: Studio Open House, Feb 27, 2008, 6pm-midnight ----------------------------------- No worries. She's really really good at playing up "sexy," for sure! ----------------------------------- NevaehLleh Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:44 am Re: Studio Open House, Feb 27, 2008, 6pm-midnight ----------------------------------- NevaehLleh is lucky enough to be my wallpaper this month. I only put the smaller version on the board as to not totally blow everything crazy, so if you want the full size just visit Dude... cool. ----------------------------------- Hourglass Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:57 pm Re: Studio Open House, Feb 27, 2008, 6pm-midnight ----------------------------------- You did a great job Adam. It may not be your thing, but you did a fantastic job. I look forward to working with you again and then I give you looks like I want to kill you if that makes you happy. Or maybe I just look like I'm going to kill you with my boobs. hahaha. ----------------------------------- littlegett Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:59 am Re: Studio Open House, Feb 27, 2008, 6pm-midnight ----------------------------------- A couple from the back studio (don't mind me I'm avoiding my homework L()L ) ----------------------------------- Adam Chilson Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:31 pm Re: Studio Open House, Feb 27, 2008, 6pm-midnight ----------------------------------- Light box shots are pretty cool, man!